Saturday, November 28, 2009

My little cousin, 15yrs old, has lost her hair. Does anyone know how to treat allopecia, caused by s

This happened to me when I was trying to get pregnant - I woke up one morning and had a huge patch of hair gone. Went to a dermatologist and he gave me cortizone (steroid) injections with a small needle in the space - baby hair came in first and now I have a full head of hair again. Never got pregnant but did grow hair back. I just let things get to me and I learned to roll with the punches. Life is too short.



My little cousin, 15yrs old, has lost her hair. Does anyone know how to treat allopecia, caused by stress?

Here are some suggestions:



Treatment



About 50% of patients hair will regrow in one year without any treatment. If the affected region is small, it is reasonable to observe the progression of the illness as the problem often spontaneously regresses and the hair grows back. In cases where there is severe hair loss, there has been limited success treating alopecia areata with clobetasol or fluocinonide, steroid injections or cream. Steroid injections are commonly used in sites where there are small areas of hair loss on the head or especially where eyebrow hair has been lost. Some other medications used are minoxidil, irritants (anthralin or topical coal tar), and topical immunotherapy cyclosporine, each of which are sometimes used in different combinations.



I hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan