Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scrunching hair help -- when hair dries curl goes away/curls get weird?

Hi all, well, I have naturally wavy hair and I like to scrunch it to give it a little extra oomph .. BUT! I do this at night before bed, for I have no time in the morning as of now to shower and scrunch and dry it. But when I sleep on my scrunched hair not only does it dry and go flat, all curl goes away totally, and the ones that do remain are funky curls, if you know what I mean. I don't have a blowdryer at the moment, so anyone got ideas as to how I can sleep on my hair AND make it so my hair doesn't lose curl or go all funky on me? And anyone have scrunching tips in general? Thanks all :) :)



Scrunching hair help -- when hair dries curl goes away/curls get weird?

I wet my hair every morning and then apply products %26amp; viola, nice curls. :]



Soo, just wet your hair in the morning (you don't even have to wash it, I just stick my head in the sink) and then do what you normally do. Oh, don't comb/brush your hair either or this will take out the curl. If you need to comb/brush it, comb it with your fingers (its better when you do it while you're still wetting your hair).



Sometimes when I'm willing to get up early, I'll take my shower in the morning instead of at night %26amp; then I'm able to comb my hair in the shower and I still get nice curls (if anything they're better because all my hair is soaked, not just wet, if that makes any sense).



Oh yeah, don't towel dry your hair. I mean like.. use a towel, but just squeeze all the water out (it might be better if you squeeze the excess water out in the sink first).



Hope this helps!



Scrunching hair help -- when hair dries curl goes away/curls get weird?

i think you should scruntch it in the morning , then you won't be sleeping on the gel %26amp; such .. and you won't loose your curls .



Scrunching hair help -- when hair dries curl goes away/curls get weird?

wash your hair in the morning to keep the curls. skip the shower at night, go to bed earlier, get up a little earlier and your hair will thank you for it. if you're really in a pinch for time just wash your hair.



Scrunching hair help -- when hair dries curl goes away/curls get weird?

you could try putting all your wet hair in a messy bun at night after you shower, don't dry it. put hairspray in and let it dry naturally overnight then wake up, take it out, and kinda wet it in the sink and re-spray it. usually my hair only follows this method well when i put it in a low-pony for school but your hair's probably wavier than mine.



good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan